tiistai 16. joulukuuta 2008

The Metaphysics of the Incarnation -- Logically Coherent Model

In this article, I will try to solve one particular aspect of the problem of the coherence of the Christian doctrine of Incarnation. I think that the attitude that just refuses to analyze the issue rationally and simply declares it a mystery is way too common. While I don't disagree that the Incarnation is mysterious in a profound sense, it does not follow that one cannot make any rational sense of it. Here's my attempt. To do so. I'm relying on certain ideas that I got from reading Thomas V. Morris, William Lane Craig, J. P. Moreland and Richard Swinburne on the subject, but I don't think that any of those authors present the exact same model that I do. As I focus on a particular aspect of the problem, I will take Morris' thorough argumentation on certain foundational issues in his book The Logic of the God Incarnate as more or less a given (thus I only summarize him on that point). But my contribution is perhaps a bit more original in the way that I build on this foundation, as well as the way that I use visual illustrations. (Though actually, on my first reading of Morris' book Our Idea of God, I thought that Morris intended to present the exact same model.)

Here's a link to the article:

The Relation of Christ’s Divine Mind to His Humanity: A Logically Coherent Model of the Incarnation

(Article hosted at Bukisa.com)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti